Benefit from attractive conditions and make the most of your full potential!
Description de l'employeur
In partnership with one of our clients, BRH is looking for an ENVIRONMENT HEALTH AND SAFETY MANAGER
. Located on the North Shore of Montreal, the company highly values its employees’ well-being and offers competitive benefits as well as a stimulating work environment.
Our client is a leader in its industry for more than 30 years. The company stands apart for its professional approach, its drive towards innovation and its consideration for environmental protection.
Competitive working conditions!
- Full benefits package : RRSP with employer contribution, medical insurance including dental and vision care and paid sick days
- Competitive salary, continuous training program, professional development and career growth opportunities within the organization
- Permanent position
Description du poste
Reporting to the Site Director, the incumbent will plan, organize, direct, coordinate and control the EHS activities of the manufacturing facility. Responsibilities also include development and implementation of
site policies, obtaining appropriate operating permits, ensuring compliance with laws and regulations concerning environmental quality, employee safety, process safety, and loss prevention. The incumbent will have to maintain excellent relationships with operating management to ensure EHS programs are implemented consistent with company objectives and must maintain the broadest contacts with government agency personnel, professionals in other corporations, the academic community and trade and professional groups.
- Develop, recommend and monitor conformance to environmental protection policies, laws and regulations and assist in their implementation
- Act as primary company liaison with government regulatory agencies concerning environmental compliance
- Serve as source of technical advice on all matters concerned with toxicology, industrial hygiene and chemical regulation
- Develop a company industrial hygiene program
- Instruct personnel to recognize, evaluate and control toxic health hazards related to chemical and physical agents used, manufactured or sold by the company
- Develop and implement company safety programs to prevent hazardous conditions or environments, monitor and report the success of such programs
- Provide advice and assistance to line and staff management on safety, loss prevention and health related matters
- Audit entire facility for conformance to company and regulatory requirements related to safety and health
- Perform statistical analyses of safety performance
- Design, develop and implement manual and automated support systems, in coordination with MIS
- Undertake organizational, budgetary and personnel administration matters related to the EHS function
Required skills :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (chemical or environmental)
- 5 years of relevant management experience within the EHS field
- Experience in the chemical industry (asset)
- Exposure to regulatory matters, safety, loss prevention, hygiene, toxicology, medical and environmental engineering (asset)
- Excellent communication
- Collaborative approach
- Time management
- Detail orientation
- Ability to adapt
- Political savvy
- Quick learning
- Composure in turmoil
This position matches your professional interests and profile?
Please send us your resume by following the instructions below.
* The employer subscribes to the principles of equality in employment. All applications received will be treated confidentially. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
Votre conseiller BRH
Envoyez-nous votre C.V. immédiatement
Vous avez déjà un compte? Connectez vous ICI
pour accélérer votre soumission.